Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival: ROYGBIV Quilts - Less is More

Hi! Welcome if you are visiting from Blogger's Quilt Festival! I am so excited to share this quilt with you today - it is one of my new favorites!



I finished this quilt earlier this spring for my quilt guild's solids challenge. The pattern is Less is More by Elizabeth Dackson, available in her book, Becoming a Confident Quilter.

I changed it up a tiny bit, but having the center of each block be one color, instead of a shade of the other colors in the blocks. The light grey is Kona Ash, and the dark grey is Kona Steel. I used a FQ bundle of Kona solids for the blocks - I really love the way it looks!

I finished up the binding on this on our drive to Indiana this March, and it snowed while we were there, so I was able to take my first 'quilt in the snow' pictures! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this pattern, and I especially love the lime green binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab quilt, great colours, they go so well with this pattern. The poor person holding up the quilt looks like they're going to fall over backwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on the centres! This is gorgeous - very high impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why it's a favorite. I love the pattern. It's a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete