Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Folded: A finished sweater!

This summer I did the Camp Loopy challenge. In June and July I knit shawls. For August's challenge we had to knit something that took a certain amount of yarn (I can't remember!). I chose Folded, and used some lovely Dream in Color Smooshy. 

Folded

I made my sleeves a bit longer, and greatly modified the neckline so it wasn't too large - I knit another round of decreases after I was to my size, and then did the short rows. I added 10 rows of ribbing and bound off fairly tightly. I think it could be a bit lower, but it works for me. I think it will fit much better if I can ever get rid of my postpartum belly! 

I'm glad I chose to knit this sweater. Most of my sweaters are cardigans, which is great because I wear them all the time over long sleeve t-shirts and button downs in the fall and winter. But it's nice to have a slightly dressy pullover to wear to work and other nice occasions. I wore this with a black skirt to the ballet recently, and I was so happy to wear something I had made that didn't look handmade! 

No comments:

Post a Comment