Thursday, November 07, 2013

A Commissioned Quilt

One of my friends asked me at the end of last year to make a quilt for her son's big boy bed. She wanted something that would show off a wide variety of prints and wasn't too fussy. We decided on a plus quilt design, and she chose a bunch of fabric, raided her mom's stash for some other prints, and let her son choose some.

Plus Quilt

We laid it out together to make sure it was harmonious (and what she wanted!), and I started sewing.

I quilted straight horizontal lines 1/4" away from each seam in light grey thread. We backed it with Kona Coal to tone down the busyness of the front. He loves it, and loves looking for things on it. It is almost queen sized, and I was finishing it while pregnant with Henry - I was glad when I had finished it!

No comments:

Post a Comment