Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Low Volume Log Cabin

This is one of my submissions for Blogger's Quilt Festival. I am so in love with my new quilt! The FWMQG held a low volume challenge this fall, and this was my submission.

low volume log cabin

I am so glad I decided to add some blocks to it to make it throw size, instead of baby size. I love the way it came out, and it is nice to have a new quilt to cuddle under now that it is finally cooling off!

low volume log cabin

I used cool colored squares for the centers of each block, and cut 2.5" strips for the logs. I used some quiet prints from my stash, purchased some, and participated in a swap to receive others.

low volume log cabin

I backed it in one of my favorite prints (an old American Jane alphabet print) with a column of green and blue solids in the center. I quilted around the squares of the log cabin, and bound it with a favorite multi-colored print.

low volume log cabin

Stats: 58"x70"
Machine pieced and machine quilted by me
Finished October 2013

4 comments:

  1. The low volume really works great with the coloured centres. Lovely quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtlety of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the low volume quilt! I've been considering making one of these for a long time. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love low-volume and I love log cabins! Absolutely lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete