Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blocks of the Month - FWMQG

My guild, the Fort Worth Modern Quilt Guild is doing a block of the month challenge.  The board members (myself included) are each choosing a block for the month and presenting it to the members. So far we have made these blocks:

BOM 8 pointed star

BOM

Both from the Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop Book

February BOM - Wonky Pinwheel

Wonky Pinwheel Block

Block of the Month

Scrappy Block

Star Block

Another Star

Along with these blocks there have been some that didn't make the cut! These are my 'not quite' blocks - the ones I thought we might do that just didn't come out good enough.

Triangle Block

Triangle Wheel - can't get the block to lie flat

Octogonal Orb Block

Octogonal Orb Block - this one failed because we tried to size it down to 12.5"

Mod Mosaic Block

Mod Mosaic Block - too messy looking - needs to be planned out more


Whew! I'm planning on using my 'failures' on the back of the quilt - I'm sure I'll have a few more!


1 comment:

  1. Love the Mod Mosaic block. The octogonal orb is an awesome block!

    ReplyDelete