Friday, March 01, 2013

Finish it up Friday!

I finished this quilt a few weeks ago, but haven't gotten around to blogging about it!

Zig zag quilt

I used this tutorial as my inspiration and starting point, but I didn't want a quilt quite that big, so I cut my squares at 3.5" instead of 5". This made my nine patches smaller (9.5"), so I cut my white squares to match.

I used a selection of pink, aqua and yellow fabrics that I purchased at MadTosh and Kona Snow.

Back of zig zag quilt

For the backing I went through my stash and pieced together three large pieces of fabric I had originally bought to make clothes for the girls, but I ended up not loving. They worked perfectly for this and I'm glad they were useful!

I quilted simple lines on either side of the zigzag 'seam'. I didn't want to distract from the prints and colors. I bound it using leftover pink binding (Kona something!) and a smidge of yellow from other quilts!

Such a cheerful and bright quilt!

Linking up with Amanda Jean!

No comments:

Post a Comment