Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Grellow Garden Fence

Several months ago I pinned the link to this tutorial. A few months later, while perusing my quilt board for inspiration, I noticed that my sister had commented "Make me this!" on that pin (I don't always pay attention to pin comments - I will now!). I had happened to have just ordered a grey and yellow fat quarter bundle, so I set to work cutting it up.

ems quilt

I used Kona Snow for the 'paths' and the sashing. There was a lot of sewing, pressing, sewing, pressing, etc. in this quilt, but I think it turned out great.

closeup ems

I quilted 1/4" inside the big and small squares. At first I was trying to turn the beast under my machine at each corner, but I decided to do rows/columns and back stitch at the beginning and end of blocks. I'm sure that's probably 'not correct', but it worked!

binding ems

For the backing and binding I used two prints that I purchased on separate trips to JoAnn's that coordinated perfectly! I was so excited that the looked so well together and with the quilt top.

She loves it, and I really love the way it turned out!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great pattern and your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear me is this beautiful! I want this quilt desperately. Can you tell me which grey and yellow fat quarter you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:47 PM

    Wow! Amazing and beautiful. I sure would love to learn to quilt properly.

    Natalie
    You're my closest Ravelry neighbor. I'm SenoraFuerte.

    ReplyDelete