Monday, September 17, 2012

Modern Half Square Triangle Quilt a long Block 2

Welcome back! I hope you've had a chance to stitch up Block 1, or at least gather your supplies!

Block 2

Materials:
8 3.5" squares of Color A
8 3.5" squares of Color B

*note* these are the essential materials for each block, so you can cut several blocks worth of fabric at once to save time!

Create your blocks, following the same procedure as last week. If you need help making your blocks, please see this post. You should end up with 16 2.5" squares. Ready to lay out your block? Here we go!



Row 1


Row 2


Row 3


Row 4

After you have sewn your squares into rows, press your seams. I like to press odd numbered rows to the left, and even to the right. It helps to use a small piece of paper to number your rows. I like the tiny post-it notes. 

After pressing, you are ready to sew your rows together! Pin, if necessary, but I find that these short rows don't require pinning. 

Block 2

Press one final time, and voila! Another finished block! Only 70 to go! Remember to add your blocks to our flickr group!


3 comments:

  1. Finished block 2. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome block. I am gonna go try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I've gone this long without knowing this HST block variation. It's wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

    ReplyDelete