Monday, August 13, 2012

Back to School Week: Snack and Sandwich Bags

I have completed several 'back to school' projects recently, so I thought I'd do a little 'back to school' week of projects on the blog!

Today's project were new snack and sandwich bags. I had purchased some a few years back (before I was more confident in my sewing skills), and loved them. Sadly, they had been lost/ruined/eaten by the dog over the years, and we needed a few new sets. Since only daddy and Samantha are off to school this year, I only made a set for each of them.

Math sandwich bags

For Kent's set I used leftovers from his quilt (which needs to be blogged!). They won't be confused for anyone else's at school! :) He requested two sandwich size bags, since he likes 'lots of snacks' in his words. He also has a sandwich 'keeper' that is plastic that he uses, so these will be snack bags for him.

Hungry Caterpillar Sandwich and snack bag set

For Samantha's set I used the fabric we used for a tablecloth at the babies' first birthday party. I thought it would be fun to use them for something like this (and I have plenty left to make more sets when the babies go to school next year!). She got a large bag and two small bags.

Don't have your own sandwich and snack bags? Stop by my etsy shop and pick up a set! They're on sale this week!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Are they lined with anything on the inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lined them with rip stop nylon - that's what I've found to work best.

    ReplyDelete