Thursday, March 01, 2012

March is national craft month

So I'm going to try to post a lot this month. Some will be projects I do with my kiddo and others will be things I am working on.
Tonight we made a book. I had picked up these chipboard books at Michaels on clearance (I think I paid $.50) and put them away, not really sure what we would do with them. We had been talking about bees today (we saw some today even though it's really early), so I thought we'd make a book about bees.
I pulled out our Childcraft encyclopedia volume about bugs. We read the section about bees and I chose some easy facts about bees to include (things a three year old could understand). I wrote them on the back of the pages and Samantha drew pictures of bees on the fronts.
It took us about 20 minutes and I'm sure we will read it over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment