Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stripey and Pink. What more could I ask for?



Pattern: Snowy Triangle Scarf by Iris Schreier from Handknit Holidays
Yarn: Paton's Soy Wool Stripes in Natural Geranium - a smidge under 3 balls.
Needles: Sz 10.5 Clover Bamboo Circulars
Mods: longer
Dates: July 2007-January 2008
Thoughts: Love this. Love the triangles, love the stripes. It was relatively easy, though I did make a bit of a mistake early on.



Hint to those of you think of making this - when you've repeated row 3 until you have *31 (if you have the pattern, this makes sense), DO NOT turn and knit back. Ask me how I know. You immediately start over with row 1.

The pattern was deliciously simple and went surprisingly fast. I knit 11 middle triangles, and I might have been able to get 12, but I didn't want to run out of yarn.

I find the yarn a bit scratchy on my neck, but not enough to not wear this loveliness. I haven't made a scarf for me in forever, so this is a welcome addition to my small collection. And just in time for the "winter weather" we're supposed to get next week.

9 comments:

  1. Looks cute. ANd you're just burning through your WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:35 PM

    That colorway worked really well in that scarf. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf looks beautiful. The pattern really shows off the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Hee hee - I just sent that link to a friend, who has that exact colorway AND just got that book from the library today.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. And against that beautiful green -0 I LOVE it! Nicely done..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty scarf. Looks very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours! The scarf plays them off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh... I'm really diggin' that. Very cool. It not only looks really great but it also looks really fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scarf! You really are cranking them out! Did you try washing the scarf, I hear it make a difference with SWS.... I haven't tried it yet so this is not personal experience talking.... ;)

    ReplyDelete