Saturday, January 26, 2008

So, about that more blogging thing

Kinda fell off the horse on that one. But I do have two FOs for you today!



Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: BMFA Socks that Rock Silkie - Sock Club yarn
Needles: Chiagoo DPNS 2.75mm
Dates: um, summer/fallish to January 22, 2008
Mods: none
Thoughts: Love the yarn. Love the colors. Love the pattern. I can see why this has been so popular! I did have some gauge issues, and then some pooling issues with other yarn, but this has been a winner. Glad to have new socks this week, since it's been cold.


And now, I can finally reveal one of the secret projects I've been working on. My LYS, Yarns Ewenique, is having a sock club, and I was flattered to be chosen as one of the pattern designers. It has been an interesting experience for me (and it's not over yet!) The first pattern was "released" on Friday, so now I can show it to you!


Pattern: Loopy Laces by me!
Yarn: Louet Gems fingering weight yarn
Needles: Chiagoo DPNs 2.75mm
Mods: I knit the sample socks with the fine/sport weight yarn, so mine feel a bit different from the others, but the gauge worked out the same for me, so it's all good.
The pattern is exclusive to the club for one year, but after that it will be available here for you! (It will be available next year through the shop and here as a downloadable pdf.)

I really do hope to make some progress on a few other things this last week of January, so stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. Is the pattern going to ever be available through any other medium besides your LYS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your designer debut!

    I thought the sample socks felt a bit heavy, but what do I know, I've never used this yarn before. I look forward to knitting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Monkeys are great! And congrats on your design - I saw it in Ravelry first and was quite admiring it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever you start to feel guilty about not blogging enough, just take a look at me and my track record this year. And go you for such a great finishing streak! I especially like the pink socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your finishing streek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great socks. The monkey socks are wonderful! What fun to see you own design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sock design. The detail on the leg is gorgeous. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pattern is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! The socks are great!

    ReplyDelete