Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Couple of Critters


Pattern: Huggable Hedgehog from Fiber Trends
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted, Berroco Disco and some scraps of Flash FX from Trendsetter and Wool of the Andes (paws)
Needles: Sz 11 Clover bamboo circulars and Addi Turbos
Dates: summer 2007 - January 6, 2008
Mods: None

Thoughts: I ran out of the Disco before the second and third sets of short rows. I dug around in the stash and found the Flash, which is a sorry substitute, but it works for a hedgehog butt. The Disco was nasty. It stuck like the devil to the bamboo needles, but switching to the Addis made it much more enjoyable. I'm so glad this is done.


Pattern: Ladybug from Buggin' Out Vol 1 by Crafty Alien
Yarn: Lion Wool and Paton's Classic Merino
Needles: Sz 10.5 Clover bamboo circulars
Dates: Sunday January 6, 2008
Mods: none
Thoughts: Excellently written pattern. Very cute! And my first hand-felting experience. I am excited to try out more of her patterns.

These FOs just keep coming! There is a finished scarf waiting here for photos, and a nearly finished vest, and I hope to crank out a finished sock or two sometime soon. I'm enjoying this, as much as I know it's the result of having too many projects on the needles!

5 comments:

  1. Purple hedgehog butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I especially love the hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them!!! The hedgehog is my favorite . . . no, the ladybug . . no, the hedgehog . . . no, the ladybug . . no, the hedgehog . . .no, the ladybug . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:34 PM

    Love the toys. My friend's sister knit my friend's baby that hedgehog, too! Everyone was asking me just HOW in the WORLD did she do it? (she couldn't attend the baby's first birthday party.) I was wondering what the pattern was!

    ReplyDelete