Sunday, May 27, 2007

Start your vacation right

With new yarn! These beauties were waiting for me when I got home from school on Friday - perfect timing!



First up is Cider Moon sock yarn in June Carter from The Loopy Ewe. Gorgeous.


I threw in a pair of sock blockers with my order, and I love them. They are so pretty - I think I will hang them in the craft corner so I can look at them all the time.



And from Stacy's destash - five yummy skeins of Malabrigo. I don't know what this will grow up to be yet, but it's so pretty I'm content just to look at it.

Much knitting is taking place over the long weekend - I hope to have a few FOs this week!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:24 PM

    Beautiful yarn!!! I can't wait to get some of those sock blockers myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yarn and cute sock blockers too! Perfect way to kick off vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that is the perfect way to start your summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your yarn, especially the green....I have been wanting to order to sock blockers now I MUST order them...happy knitting....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely malabrigo! Gorgeous! Yarn is a perfect way to start a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I'm addicted to Malabrigo. It's the most stunningly beautiful, luscious stuff. I just keep wanting to pet it!

    I got my first skeins from a secret pal, so I knit a little vest with it. Three skeins was plenty! I should have the pattern up on my blog later, if Knitty decides not to publish it.

    Lovely stuff you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm... pretty stuff! Aren't the sock blockers great?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did well to choose the Cider Moon. I love love love their yarn. And they are super nice people, too!

    ReplyDelete