Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pirate, pirate, AR, AR

Finally. A success.

Many, many moons ago I knit a Pirate hat for hubbo. I finished it in late May of '06, and didn't block it. Why? Because it was, um, a little small. I kept putting off the 2nd attempt, but hubbo finally guilted me into it.



Woo Hoo!!
Pattern: Pirate Hat from Hello Yarn
Yarn: Knitpicks Telemark in Black and Poppy(?)
Needles: Sz US 4 Boye 16" cicular and Susan Bates DPNs
Mods: I didn't knit a lining - hubbo didn't want one.
Thoughts: I enjoyed the pattern again (a rarity for me to knit something 3 times!). I also really enjoyed the yarn - I would use the Telemark again - it was nice, not splitty, blocked out very well.

Hubbo loves it. Too bad it can't wear it until at least November. Ah well. At least it is done!

(The title of this post actually comes from my classroom - one of the "chants" we do for the sound of the letters a&r together.)

11 comments:

  1. Really nice. I like the red. I have tis pattern printed out & keep thinking someday I will knit it for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice hat. I want to make one one of these days. I'll have to check out Telemark. Was it really soft?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ar ar ar!!! The new hat looks like it fits just perfect! I can see why you would put of knitting a pattern for the third time - that can tend to get a little old. This one was totally worth it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:24 AM

    Arrrr! There be the perfect pirate hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! You can always go to Canada or something and be cold for the photo shoots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out great!! I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great hat! I like the colors you used. I've used the Telemark a couple times and it's perfect for things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nifty hat! I have a weakness for black and red.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great hat! I'm glad you were able to block it to fit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:21 AM

    I keep thinking I'm going to make this hat someday...I suppose it would be a trial by fire for learning to do colorwork!

    ReplyDelete