Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Not another scarf

Yep. Another scarf.



Pattern: None - I cast on 100some stitches and knit every row until I was close to running out of yarn and bound off. I did guesstimate how long I wanted the scarf to be and swatched to get gauge to decide how many stitches to cast on.
Yarn: Paton's Soy Wool Stripes - nearly 2 balls.
Needles: Size 13 Clover Bamboo Circulars
Mods: n/a
Dates: November 29-December 2. Knit only in the early morning before hubbo was awake so he wouldn't see it.
Thoughts: Good length, nice colors, and I like the yarn. Soft but not too soft.

Hubbo was whining about not having a scarf when he was forced to model dad's, so I gave in and gave him his gift early. He claims to like it, but hasn't worn it yet. We'll see.

I would like to thank TNT for their lovely Christmas gift of a special Closer. What a great show. More would be nice TNT! And Studio 60 is finally getting good. I've really liked the last three episodes - the writing is good, the acting is better, and it's funny! Thank goodness for lovely knitting TV.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool - I love the colors. Hope Hubbo starts to wear it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope he wears it - it's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about lovely knitting TV. I really like Studio 60, too. It just seems so "smart" and witty.
    I like your husband's scarf. I'm so jealous that he'll actually wear it. My hubby is too "macho" to wear a scarf. (Actually, he's just too hot-blooded, even though it's freezing here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful scarf ... I'm going to copy your pattern (my DH is agitating for a new scarf, too).

    Email me your address so I can send you your contest winnings! I hope you like what I've picked out for you ....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knitting sideways is such a nice change of pace, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:28 AM

    I love your husband's scarf. It looks a bit like TCU's colors in the photo. Did either of you go there? I've been wanting to try both soy and bamboo yarns.

    We loved the two hour Closer. The characters keep growing and showing new parts of their personalities. Plus, who wouldn't love a major character named Brenda Lee!

    ReplyDelete