Thursday, October 26, 2006

Do it yourself

If Rhinebeck can't come to you, take yourself to Rhinebeck.

I went stash diving this afternoon, and came up with several yummy yarns. From left top - Brooks Farm Four Play in the Vera Cruz colorway - gift from Jill during the "You Know You Knit Too Much" contest. Yum. Will become My So-Called Scarf, I think. Next up is some Vesper Sock Yarn in the Midnight Knitter colorway. Love these colors. I also found a skank of Fleece Artist that I was in love with when I bought it, but has been stuck in the bottom of a bin. Hopefully will grow up into socks soon.

Along the side we have six skeins of Patons Kroy. Would you believe that this is the very first sock yarn I ever bought. It's about time it became socks.

The bottom row contains the oh-so-yummy hank of alpaca that mom got me at the Fort Wayne "Fiber Festival." Must become a hat. And finally, the hank of orange wooly goodness that Jen brought me from Colorado that I'm thinking will turn into this hat that I am just in love with.

All of this orange is making me feel "fallish." Must resist the urge to cast on for new socks, scarves and hats. Must.

But I am going to Indiana in a few weeks, where it has been rather chilly. Perhaps new accessories are just what I need. Hmmmmmmmm.

6 comments:

  1. oh my, that hat is badass! i hadn't checked out the anticraft website in a while, so thanks! i wouldn't have known about that hat otherwise ;)
    i have a skein of four play that i want to knit up. i think i'll wait until you knit yours and see how you like it as your so-called scarf.
    and what a nice surprise to find fleece artist! *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must. Knit. Winter. Accessories.
    Cold...bad. Wool...good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may be the only two people who really want to travel to cold climes in the winter. Are we crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:21 PM

    I will definitely trade houses if you want to come here and knit up your warm hats for a bit! I could use some warm weather to be inspired to work on my camisole!

    Seriously, I do like the green hat and it will be fun watching your progress on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm usually not a huge orange fan, but I love that hank of orange! And yes, you are gonna need some accessories in Indiana. It's been a bit chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum - Four Play is a fabulous yarn!! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete