Sunday, August 06, 2006

Two posts in one!

Stupid blogger wouldn't let me upload pictures last night, so you get Saturday's and Sunday's posts all in one!

O is for Olivia.

I love Olivia - delightful illustrations and great stories. Please, if you have young children (or are just a big kid at heart), check out these books!


And my sky. Just as hot as last Saturday.

Go visit Nettie, my One-Skein Pal who loves her footies! Yay!

Updates from the water department - They tore a huge trench in the street at the end of our driveway this week (and put down lovely metal boards for us to drive on. Just a bit scary.). Then on Friday they poured new curbs. I asked one of the guys if they were still planning on tearing up our yard, and he said yes. "But y'all are laying new curbs today." "Yeah. We'll have to pour them again after we tear up your yard." Good plan. Gotta love the city.


And for Scout's UFO meme.

Top row: One husband sock waiting for a mate, Kyoto, one dishcloth of a set of three.
Next: Trekking sock almost to the heel flap, Log Cabin sock yarn blanket, Leaf Lace, Clappy, Branching Out, and the pink blob.
Next: Mom's shrug, new purple cotton sock, grey sock, Log Cabin blanket, Baltic Sea Stole, Hubbo's xmas sweater and sheep back.

Yep. 16. Yikes.

Not nearly enough knitting done this weekend, and we go back for teacher inservice days tomorrow. Where did the summer go?

6 comments:

  1. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Pour curbs just to have to re-pour them later? Madness. I'm impressed by how many WIPs you can have going at once. I'd lose track and mess them all up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:07 AM

    Umm, I believe there's another Olivia that you probably have pictures of that could have been included in your post. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OLIVIA!!! I am an Oilivia freak. I have loved her for years, and only have a son, who couldn't be less interested in her ;)...she doesn't have a sword, and isn't a pirate. Although, knowing Olivia, she'd kick their behinds if she wanted too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scared to see all my UFOs, but this meme is pretty fun to see all over the place. 16, eh? Pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:54 AM

    Wow --16! Will you narrow that list when school starts? I'm stressed to have 6!!

    I'm sorry about your curb situation. The city rules are so frustrating. We're still fixing up the mess they made in our front yard too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - someone who has more UFOs than me!! ;)

    Ok, that is just TOO DUMB for words re: the city. Argh!

    ReplyDelete