Saturday, March 04, 2006

KAL Update

No much excitement here today, too busy doing other things! I did cast on for my sockpal socks, but just had to rip them out as I messed up the provisional cast on. Blech.

So just a KAL update for you today:

Branching Out KAL - nothing to report. Still want to do this, just not right now.

Six Socks KAL - don't like this sock.

KOTR KAL - too busy to do this sock right now, but love it and want to do it soon. Maybe in March.

Handknit Holidays - want those Log Cabin socks, especially since it's getting too warm to wear them!

Scarf Style - deciding what's next. Really like Lady E. May have to buy some Noro in the near future.

200Socks - 6 socks knit in 2006!

Count your Socks - began with 4 pair, now up to 7!

Sock-a-Month - "F" socks and brownie point socks!

Ribby Cardi - Back and one sleeve done. Hope to cast on for a front tomorrow.

Evelyn A. Clark KAL - hope to work on the shawl some this week. Want this done!

Sockapalooza - see above.

Knit the Classics - haven't been reading. Mrs. Dalloway just didn't grab me and I couldn't get Woman on the Edge of Time from the library. I've read Life of Pi twice now, and while I really like it, I won't be reading it again. However, I do have a project in mind for it, I wonder if that still counts?

40 Days for Others - haven't started beyond gathering the yarn.

Sew? I Knit - more details tomorrow!

Project Spectrum - I plan to work on my postcard tomorrow and I'm knitting up lots of pink yarn!

I finished the Cover Your Head KAL (though I still have plans for two new hats in the near future, and lots of charity hats), the Knitting Olympics and the It's Not a Gift KAL this month.

Whew! I think that's it! I think I'm too much of a joiner! I'm also thinking that I'm not going to stress myself out about not keeping up with some of the sock groups, that I want to mostly use them as resources when I get to those socks. Though that didn't stop me from joining the Knitting Vintage Socks KAL this week. Oh well. Small steps.

3 comments:

  1. Whew! You constantly amaze me with the amount you always manage to get done! I'm starting to feel a little stressed about the KAL's I've joined recently, but I think you have the right idea. I have to remember not to get stressed out- you're totally right; it's great to just use the KAL as a resource and do the projects when you have the time. And I didn't know about the Knitting Vintage Socks KAL, either! Uh-oh...I'm feeling that KAL-join itch again! ;-) Take care and have a great weekend, Jenn! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've already read Pi - no need to read it again. KTC's supposed to be fun not work! ;) If you knit a project for Pi of course it will count. Not that it looks like you have much free time. You have a lot goin on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth can you do all of it! I barely have time to knit myself projects. I liked Life of Pi, it was a really good book. Right now I only have one KAL, but I think I'll join a sock one later in the year. Or next year maybe. I'll wait till I see one just starting up and I'll jump in then.

    ReplyDelete