Saturday, January 21, 2006

For Me, From Me

It's Saturday's KAL Update! Woo Hoo!

Jess has gone to town on the back of her Tubey, and needs help deciding what project to knit for the Olympics. Go vote!

Sherrill has finished up her Hourglass Sweater! Looks great!

Aria has completed her first felted project! Can't wait to see pictures!

Theresa finished the back of her Winter Folly and is working on some fab argyle socks!

Tara also needs help deciding on her Olympic Project! Go help her decide!

Chris knitted up some oh-so-cute ankle socks (that I missed last week! OOPS!), and drug her Kiri back out for some work. Chris I think we're using the same colorway for our lace projects!

Laura finished up her lovely Rib and Cable socks (so pretty!) and got some more beautiful sock yarn! So jealous! Can't wait to see it knit up!

Erica needs help deciding what to knit for the Olympics too! Wow, there is a lot of that going around!

E is joining team Fair Isle with me for the Olympics (though her project is much more ambitious than mine!), and made us an oh-so-cute button!


Take it, but save it to your own server, blah blah blah.

Finally, this is not about my knitting, but I have to have a small rant. Looks like the fuckers over at SFSE got their way with Yahoo. Without ANY warning, our local Stitch & Bitch (yes I WILL say it!) group is gone. Poof. No trace. What really pisses me off about this is that there are other Stitch & Bitch groups still exisiting on Yahoo. And, since I had no warning (other than reading about other groups being threatened, but I never even got an email and I'm the group moderator), I did nothing to save the info on all of the members we had (about 50). God Damn It. (Excuse my French mom.)

I really cannot tell you how angry this makes me. Especially since the name of our group was SNBFW. That's it. Just an acronym. Ass hats.

So we have a new group. Let's count the days until this one is gone. However, on The Husband's advice, it has a new name. We're now the Fort Worth Bitchin' Stitchers. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it SFSE. Ass clowns.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 PM

    It makes me especially angry that you were shut down, without notice and without even having the name in your group title in the first place!! Ass hats indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exact same thing just happened to our SnB group!! Only the group owner got the email (I was one of the mods, too) announcing that we had 2 days to change the name and all reference to SnB, and by the time I read her email to the group, the group had been eliminated from Yahoo. Along with all our emails, etc. What ticks me off even more is that the owner went and eliminated the words "stich and bitch" from all posts, etc, but apparently, the acronym was equally unacceptable. I'm with Jillian, ass clowns, indeed. On a lighter note ;-), thanks so much for all your hard work with the weekly updates. Yay for Shimmer Happy Dance! Take care, Jenn! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, it's nice to see such vitriol on an otherwise polite blog. It's always hard to realize that people can be so petty. What's the point? Anyways, you're new name is SO much better. Much thanks for hosting the KAL!

    ReplyDelete