Wednesday, December 28, 2005

So, whaddija get?

Santa was very nice to me this year - And he even included some knitterly goodness! The Man got me Alter Knits and The Vogue Knitting Stitchionary. Both very pretty - can't wait to spend some time with them. The Girl (with dad's help) got me four balls of Joann's Wool/Cotton Blend in the pink color, and a sheepy tape measure! Now to find a pattern for this oh-so-soft yarn.
My brother and his wifey got me Montse Stanley's book which I am sure will be an invaluable resource (and they got me a Raechel Ray cookbook that I can't wait to use!).
Momma got me The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques which I almost bought the other day. Between this and the Stanley book, I should be able to do anything! (Right?) She also gave me "money for the 'important stuff'" and we will be going to the Fort Wayne yarn store - The Cass Street Depot sometime this week. AND she ordered me some oh-so-cute labels for my knitted goods! Guess this means I got to get busy...
I received many other non-knitting gifts (including the first seasons of Lost and Veronica Mars!) and Jen got me the Amy Butler pattern I've been coveting, so I can't wait to make that up in the new year. So pretty!

Almost done gifting the knitted goods. Sis has requested a Basic Cable/Irish Walking Hat of her own, so we will be dragging her with us to the yarn store so she can pick out what color she wants (she keeps mentioning cashmere..) and dad wants a scarf to wear with his new hat. Must make list for next year!

Sorry for the lack of pictures - I left the camera at home, but may post some with mom's camera later in the week. Off to finish MY new hat!

2 comments:

  1. Lost and Veronica Mars are too knitting gifts - what will be you doing while you watch them?

    The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques is absolutely the most useful book I own, when I remember to look in it. Way more than finishing. Which is causing me issues these days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee!! You were certainly a very good girl this year, because Santa brought you an amazing haul of well-deserved knitting goodness! Those are some fabulous books- I've been coveting that book of finishing techniques and that Vogue Stitchionary has the most beautiful cover. I've heard wonderful things about that Montse Stanley book, too. And yay for yarn money! I'm so happy for you- you certainly deserve it after all the phenomenal holiday knitting you did. Take care and Happy New Year to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete