Monday, September 19, 2005

Super Sockpal!

I received my sockpal socks today! They are wonderful!



Pattern: Curvy Lace Socks
Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton

My socks were knit by the lovely Kris. I read that she was very anxious about the finished product, and what I would think of it, but I love them! Thank you so much! They are so soft, and if it wasn't 100 degrees here, I would never take them off!

Kris also included the lovely pattern cards from the Yarn Girls Guide to Simple Knits. What a cute idea these notecards are! And I will (of course) keep some for myself! Such a nice surprise!

I was trying to decide if I wanted to do something like this again, and this has made up my mind. I worried about my socks, but I know that just receiving something handmade is worth all the effort (and worrying) I put into my socks!

I have to admit, that I thought I had "figured out" who was making my socks - someone was making cotton socks in some of my favorite colors, and while those turned out to be beautiful socks, I love the surprise of these! I think next time I will make no specifications, so as to not stress out my pal (sorry Kris!) and to get more of a surprise.

Again, I luuuuuuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvvveeeeeeee my socks! I'll try to get a modeled shot tomorrow!

Trying to fight the urge to cast on for a pair for myself (well, another pair.....)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:03 PM

    I'm glad you liked the socks and that they arrived safely.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete