Monday, August 08, 2005

The finishing line, part 2


Sophie post-felting
Originally uploaded by jenn_tx.
Sophie joins us for this post, her insides stuffed with towels, so she can keep her lovely shape. Isn't she lovely (cue Miss America music here.....)? She may actually force me to have a monogamous relationship with a bag (for a few days at least).

Specs:
Pattern: Sophie
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Mist - 1 1/2 skeins
Needles: Sz 10 1/2 Clover Bamboo Circs and Sz 10 1/2 Brittany DPNs.
Started: Friday July 22
Finished: Sunday August 7

I think Sophie is lovely. She is my first felted project (I don't consider the LB purse as a felted project, since it didn't felt), and I am in love. Someone else is in love too....

DH went to get Sophie from the washing machine (I was in the middle of a row!) and when I went to see what was taking so long, he was fondling (!) her in the garage (where the lovely instruments of laundry live). He hid her from me until he got closer and I just couldn't believe my eyes! It's magic, the felting!
His words: "It doesn't even look knitted!" (Is this a bad thing, or a good thing?) "Can you felt a hat?" "I want a felted hat, it's so cool!"

I tried to tell him that I could teach him to knit and he could make his own hat, but I think that my cries fell on deaf ears. He has chosen the colors for his hat and I think it may be a surprise Christmas gift.

Have I won him over to the dark side yet?

(BTW, I have to say that I am totally impressed with the Knitpicks yarn. Two items finished, and lovely! I can hardly wait to try out my lovely sock yarn and laceweight yarn. And they have all these new yarns to try too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment